Monday, August 19, 2013

Part 2

Ok, so the Tetris battle took place over a few days. I am just getting back to posting the rest of our vacation.

The pool was a great way to spend the evenings. We found ourselves there almost every night. It would push the kids just over the edge to being really sleepy and guarantee they slept really good and later in the morning. After it got cool and the sun went down, we would venture over to the Jacuzzi. That was possibly the best the best part!

Ripley's Aquarium is a must when you are in Gatlinburg. It has always been one of my favorite things to do there. Undoubtedly, the shark tunnel is the best part. The are all around, above you and on both sides as you cruise through tank. Some of the kids did pet sting rays and some didn't want anything to do with it. I can't say I blame them! New this year, was the penguin exhibit. The kids got to crawl through a tunnel into the middle of the exhibit where it was glassed in and they had a panoramic view of penguins. The aquarium also had a dinosaur exhibit. Gavin's favorite!

Bart was dying to take the kids to the Starz Cars Museum. It is a museum with lots of famous cars. Batmobile, Herbie the Love Bug, the Clampet's car from Beverly Hillbillies. One of the favorites was Jo's truck from Twister and the car from The Flinstones. The kids got to get inside the Flinstone's car. Everything else was off limits.
Of course, I had to hit the outlet mall when we were in Pigeon Forge! Got a jump start on school clothes for the kids. I won't lie, I also got a new Coach purse and wallet for myself! I can't wait for fall to start carrying it.

Bart had the idea to get pictures of the kids dressed up for Old Time photos. I'm so glad he did. It was fun and definitely will be something to treasure. I have two 10x13s in my living room of Sheriff Gavin, bank robbers Caleb and Tomas and Southern Belles Alecia and Peytan.

I think we possibly saved the best for last. That was Wonder Works. It was pricey, but so fun for all of us. It's this really neat, hands on, interactive children's like museum. The house is upside down, so it will really throw you off from the beginning. Then you walk through this inversion tunnel that makes you feel like you are walking upside down. It was not for weak stomachs. We saw all kinds of interesting things like lightning, a hurricane and earthquake simulator, trying to land a space shuttle, bed of nails, the bubble room. Alecia, Tomas and Caleb climbed the rock wall. They really liked that part! One of my favorite parts was the art exhibit. It was full of optical illusions that really made you think.

I was disappointed with some of the places we ate. It didn't seem to be tasty as the times we had been before. Bart and I decided the best place was Johnny Rockets. They had an excellent tuna salad sandwich. We also had to show the kids The Ole Mill and Calhoun's.

It wasn't too long and we found ourselves packing to come home. This part is always bittersweet for me. I am usually ready to get home and back to MY house that is our norm, but I was so sad to see such a great time end. We truly had a lot of good family memories made there. It won't be forgotten anytime soon. And I do think we will make our way back. We will probably stay in the same condo since it had everything we needed. The kids would love if we got #411 again.






























No comments:

Post a Comment