Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Court Finds...

I don't look too bad for just having three kids, do I? Haha, sorry I couldn't resist!
"And the court finds the petition to be true and in the best interest of the children." Those were the words spoke as Judge picked up his pen and signed the final adoption decree.
Huge weight lifted off my shoulders! It felt perfect and complete. And I could see the looks of relief in Caleb's eyes; all across his face really. Of course it was followed by an enormous amount of pictures and picking out suckers and several hand shakes.
We followed Greg downstairs to the clerk's office to get the decree stamped and sealed, send off the biological medical history and to apply for new birth certificates. Then home to order Papa John's and eat some carrot cake, per Caleb's request. Yumm!
Wrapped up it was a perfect day! So now we have Caleb Fisher Gilmore, Gavin Hunter Gilmore and Peytan Doris Gilmore.
And today just to prove our independence we stayed in our jammies, watched TV and had the funnest dinner. Dinner included Gavin crawling around the dinner table acting like a lion; rearing his head back and whipping it around as he said, "Rawwwwwwrrrrrrr!" and then took a bite of his chicken. This happened in front of each person at the table. I wanted so badly to remind him of table manners but it was just too funny!
Here's some pics of yesterday and some of my silly kids I had to wait to post. Enjoy!
Pretty girl Doris
They are happy to finally be brothers!
Gavin's fav summertime staple!
Caleb AKA my handsome man.
Fresh sheets on my bed gets me this!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you. That is quite a family you are getting. All so cute. You are the woman. I don't begin to know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Bart says, "If you can't beat them; join them! So most days I joint them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this post made me tear up! You and Bart are such wonderful people and I'm so happy for all 5 of you!

    ReplyDelete