Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Yearly Update?

So what's new this year? And I say that seriously since it has been 10 months since I posted.
ohhh, where do I begin?
Well, I'm knee deep in my CASA case and I still feel like I am not doing enough. CASA had a great program to help bring awareness to child abuse in our county. Our local DCS also hosted a candle light vigil that was attended by several county officials. It was nice to see everyone in one spot with one goal in mind. It was sad to be updated with new numbers and statistics.
We have a new (temporary) child. He is a family member that needed a safe place to stay for a while. He will now be referred to as B Boy. He is younger than all of mine, so it has been a change in dynamics here.
Alecia is headed to middle school! Momma is not ready for that by any means.
Caleb is going to be Big Man on Campus as a 5th grader.
Tomas is cruising along to the third grade nicely.
Gavin and Peytan will be starting kindergarten this fall. Insert Mommy sobs here.
We are getting ready to head off to our annual trip to the cabin a few weeks. EXCITED!! This week always proves to be fun and interesting.
Peytan has been taking a dance class all school year. She was a Bon Bon Fairy and butterfly in The Nutcracker for Christmas. Today she has a rehearsal for her Spring Recital. The big show is Sunday. I have my tickets ready! So exciting!!
We have been having lots of summertime fun in the water, outside, eating some ice cream cones, typical summertime pastimes. And we love every minute of it and hope to continue it all summer long. It will be a pretty boring summer compared to last year when we had vacation year and had so much fun in Tennessee. Sigh..... next year, next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment