Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gavin Do It

I say, "Is your diaper smelly?"
She says, "Bavin do it."
"Who spilled their orange juice?"
"Bavin do it."
I see her grab a pencil out of the drawer and.... GASP; there is new artwork on the wall. "Who colored on the wall, AGAIN?"
"Bavin do it."
So we have come to one conclusion. Peytan likes to blame Gavin for everything! She is rather manipulative for just two years old. I look back and realize it has been happening for a few months, now. It started over Spring Break. That conversations goes like this:
We are in the van headed to Great Grandma's house which is seven hours away, or six hours too far of a ride for my kids. We were stocked with snacks, juice packs, DVD player, magnadoodle, coloring books, plenty of stuff to pass the time. Peytan was going on about being thirsty yet wouldn't take her juice pack. She screamed for probably fifty miles. Screamed. Screamed. Screamed. We all tried to redirect her. Singing, coloring, snacking, nothing worked. So my mom; who always tells my this, says to Peytan, "I'm gonna come back there and kick your @$$." (Take note, no children were harmed during the process of this road trip.) Peytan, will all seriousness tells Memaw, "No, it's Bavin's turn!" So now Gavin needs to be in trouble because Peytan is wailing in the car. I love her logic.
A while later, after lunch and she had settled down; Gavin decided he wanted the magnadoodle. Mom pulled it out a bag of tricks and handed it to him. Peytan wailed, again. "Peytan what's wrong, now?" By this time I am pretty sure even Alecia was fed up with her incessant crying and boohooing. Peytan flat out lies, "I have it first!" Remember pulled it out of the tote box that had the goodies in it. Nobody was playing with it! Manipulative I tell ya.
This past weekend, Peytan had a minor mishap involving her forehead and the fire place. Nothing some Dermabond and a visit to the ER couldn't take of. I was so worried the doctor would ask her what happened and she would say, "Daddy mean!" That's her new one. She has figured out at bedtime if she tells me that "Daddy mean" she just might get extra lovins. So it has become her favorite. Luckily, she didn't! She said, "I fall on the fire." But she also said, "Bavin do it."
Am I sure she is only two. If she is like this at this age I don't even want to think about twelve, fourteen, SIXTEEN!
I'm doomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment