Friday, February 8, 2013

Bye Bye Thumb

gavin is doing it. it is so hard to believe. he is in the process of saying good bye to sucking his thumb. proud momma right here!
the dentist had threatened to give me something if he didn't stop. in turn, I threatened gavin with the "stuff" that was dr. krunchy was going to give me. no scare tactics worked. stubborn, he is.
in tyring not put attention onto the subject, keeping it on the down low in front of gavin, it sounded like drug deals being made. the past three days we made comments like, "he's jonesing," "detox" and things of the sort.
gavin is so proud of himself, too. he has told everyone he is three days sober. he has caught himself a few times, putting his thumb up towards his mouth and then he will say, "oh no, I am a big kid."
I really thought bed time would be the worst, but he has been really ok with it. even last night, he rolled over, threw one arm around me and said, "momma, i'm so glad I have you." awww, does it get any sweeter?
so, what is this miracle potion? it's called Mavala Stop. the dentist gave it to me. it was rather inexpensive, 10 bucks for a bottle. you paint it on just like nail polish. but it works so much better than the stuff you buy at the drug store. it lasts much longer, also. I highly recommend it to anyone who has a nail biter or thumb sucker. brilliant idea; I should put it on my fork when I am eating! that's a money maker right there!

No comments:

Post a Comment